Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Crazy Couple of Weeks!!!

I have been so busy the last couple of weeks that I haven't had a chance to post!!! I have been busy making cards though!  I got about 30 cards made since my last post and here is a picture of the result.
So over the next couple of weeks I will slowly post some of these with information about them.  Some of the cards are duplicates of older cards I made so I won't bother with those.  I will also try to do some more challenges each week and post those as well.  Of course I will be making lots more Christmas too!.

For today I am going to post a couple of cards I made with the new High Hopes Christmas Joy Snowy stamp.  I used the same layout and paper for each but one I colored with water color pencils and the other I colored with copic markers.  The patterned paper is an old one from Kaiser Kraft and I cut the snowflakes out with MFT Let it Snowflake die set and I colored the rhinestones with copic marker R89.   I stamped the image for the water color image with archival ink and used derwent water color pencils (crimson lake, turquoise green, silver grey, naples yellow, olive green & orange chrome).  I blended them all out with an aqua brush and went over the berries with sakura red star and clear glaze pens.  I also used some Christmas red stickles on his jacket (looks a little weird in the picture but looks nice in person).  I used spellbinders petite ovals large and small to cut out the image and the mats.
For this image I used copic markers (R24, 27, 29 - N0, 1, 3, 5 - YG91, 93, 95 -BG10, YR07 & Y35) and I used sakura red star pen on his jacket and berries and a clear star dust pen on his star buttons (shows up funny in picture). The stardust pens look really nice in person but weird in pictures, I use them quite a bit to embellish images.
Well that's it for tonight I have another busy day tomorrow. I plan on posting another card tomorrow night, I hope I have time :).  Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

Dee

No comments: